Saturday, January 21, 2012

Could I live here?

This is my 6th time in Thailand.

It's a bit ridiculous when you think about it. I live close to so many amazing countries, yet every chance I had I went to Thailand.

Today I took a walk through a local supermarket. I almost started to cry when I saw all the amazing products they had.

I felt the same when I went into a supermarket in Doha last year, but things are much cheaper here, and I don't feel in danger or oppressed.

I wonder if I would be able to live here.

Next year I think I want to come back to Thailand and do another month long volunteering experience at a farm somewhere. I've already found quite a few, and this time they are actually free, unlike the last place.

It's just so amazing here. They have everything I want.

But... I don't know how it would be to live here for a whole year. Maybe I should give it a try and see if I like it.

Hm...

3 comments:

bdcobbs said...

If you feel that strongly for Thailand maybe you should try living there. You will never know unless you give it a shot. I enjoy reading your posts, keep them coming.

Why am I here??? said...

JEALOUS! I'm in Canada battling the cold. Hope you have a blast in your FAV. country!

Anonymous said...

Dana sis, that's true: unless you try, you'll never know and the worst thing, years down the road is regretting not knowing what could have happened....