Sunday, June 3, 2012

Inner Values


I never fully commited to my values.

I always liked them, and thought it amazing if I was like that or believed that or behaved like that.

But I never fully commited to them and internalized them as a default thought or way of being.

I don't know why. I'm trying to understand why.

Maybe I'm afraid of commiting to one thing, and then labeling myself as being this way or that way.

I have many beliefs, but I feel a lot of times there are big conflicts in my head.

Should I do this, should I do that? Why do I feel this? Is the motive good or bad?

I envy people who are strong in their personal beliefs, and characteristics, and are not easily swayed by other peoples character.

I feel I've been drifting without fully knowing what I believe, what I like, what I value.

I don't want to be easily influenced by other people anymore. I don't want to feel like other people are more amazing than I am, and then try to copy their style.

I want to be able to acknowlede that other people are amazing, be friends with them, admire them, learn from them, incorporate lessons learned into myself, but still remain myself.


No comments: