Monday, June 16, 2008

Realisation

For quite a while now I've felt the need to go back to Canada, I guess mostly to get the approval from the people I know. Approval for my change, my growth, my independence, my personality. Well, I realised today that I won't get that there, I won't get that from anyone but myself. I have changed so much, yet people back there still see me the same way I was before and do not see me for who I am now. I don't want to be like anyone I know there, I don't want to do what anyone I know does there, I'm not sure yet what I want to do with my life, but I know I'm on my own path and I've got to follow it, wherever it takes me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHY to get approval from the people you know? From anybody for that matter. You proved you are mature enough doing all the things you did so far (and so good). Hell, you don’t need approval to go left or right! And you are right: it’s ONLY YOU who, at the end of the day, approves what happened.
BUT, it is wise to listen to your closest, it is wise to learn from others mistakes, and it is wise to plan ahead and not be drifted “wherever it takes me”.

D.A.N.