Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Awakening

I've been listening and watching this lecture by Joseph Campbell called Sukhavati (Part 1, Part 2) which means "Place of Bliss". Every time I listen to it, something else hits me. Another idea presents itself and another realization is made. It is so moving that sometimes I get all teary-eyed. It's making me see things in a different way, awaken something inside, be able to observe and see things clearly around me.

I see people differently, I see their actions differently, I see ideas differently, I see my place in all of this differently.

I always think back of this analogy that my dad told me about this pyramid that has different levels of awareness and consciousness. And the higher you go, less people are at that level.

It becomes a very lonely place when you break away from the norm and go on your own path.

I am understanding Ryan more and more, and am getting a little taste of what he's been experiencing.

It's wonderful, yet sad and depressing at the same time.

No comments: