Sunday, October 5, 2014

Korean Food

Hand in hand with my missing Korean life goes missing the Korean food.

Gamjatang

Tangsuyuk

Galbijim

Mul Nengmyeon

Donkas

Samgyetang

Dakdoritang

Jjimdak

Jajangmyeon

Dokboki

Dakgalbi

Bosam

Duengjang chigae

Pajon

Yukgaejang

Sundubu jigae

Chueotang

Bokumbap

Hobajuk

Jajangmyun

Japchae

Cheese Ramen

Carrerice

Omurice

to just name a few. I was going to add some pictures, but I got distracted.

Those are my favourite foods by far.

Today I went to a Korean grocery store and bought some yummy stuff:

radish kimchi, corn chips, pickled radish, kimbap, banana milk and some red pepper paste

It was nice to be back in that environment, of Korean music, of Korean people, of the language and being happily ignored yet observed at the same time. That strange sense of not being able to communicate, yet still interacting and longing to learn and understand...

What a great and wondrous place.

Home for 7 years.

No comments: