Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring is here


Well, spring has finally come. The first rains have fallen, the first flu of the year is here as well. Am being good though, taking multivitamins, taking fish oil pills, taking vitamin C, drinking lots of water, eating lots of healthy salad. I started Yoga as well, but have been so tired lately that I haven't been going consistently.

A year has passed already since I've been here and yesterday I had a strange feeling of being at home in this environment. People weren't staring at me, kids weren't scared of me, old people didn't try to talk to me about their son or daughter that lives in BC and speaks good at English. No, it was just a regular subway ride, with rushing to get a seat, with changing lines, with listening to music and taking naps here and there.

I feel strangely grown up. Not at all like I thought I would be like at this age. I find I'm interested in travelling again, now that it's not so terribly cold and gray outside. I still am unsure of what I'll be doing next, but I'm not worried, I always figure it out and go the right way.

I am happy and grateful to have Ryan in my life right now. I have learned so much from him, about myself, about him, about life, about sharing with someone else. It's a beautiful time in my life and there are just no words to describe this wonderful experience.

It's a new year, and even though I'm still in the same place, I see it all through different eyes. It's all so wonderful :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, that sounds wonderful. Spring kind of does that to you, huh? It gives you that feeling and strength of starting all over again, the confidence that you can do it again, that it's a new and fresh beginning. It's the same here in TO - spring is definitely here. Take care, sis.