Sunday, February 8, 2009

So here we go...

I don't have all my pictures with me right now, so those will have to come later.

I've kept a little journal about the events and adventures experienced. I only started when I was on the beach in Thailand, so many of the things I write about are in the past, then I write in the present on the beach, then a bit in the future about what I'll do and then after the meditation retreat again talking in the past. It might be confusing, but just try to follow the days and dates.

Cambodia

Saturday Jan 17/09

We (Jose, Link and me) arrived in Phenom Pen. It was hot and we were excited. When we were walking out of the airport, at the exit gate a little old Cambodian man was waiting with a sign that said "Jose Rios" on it. That was our ride. We walked out with him, he went to get the taxi and we waited amazed at the wonderful heat. The guy came back not with a taxi but with a tuk tuk.

We were so excited because it was a real and authentic Asian experience. We loaded our bags, got in and drove off. We were laughing, taking pictures, taking videos and watching the traffic. Immediately I saw how friendly the Cambodians were because ever motor bike that drove past us, all the 2, 3, 4 or even 5 people on it would turn at us, smile and maybe even wave.

Ok, that it' for right now. The mosquitoes are eating me alive right now and I don't feel like having a battle with them.

No comments: