Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life in a Bubble

I never understood what being shy meant.

I know I'm shy, but I didn't know what that meant either.

Shy is not showing what you think.

Not showing what you believe.

Not saying what you want to say.

When you're shy, you don't have an opinion. You don't create waves. You don't develop your personality freely but in a suppressed kind of way.

I recently met some really great people that allowed me to see how far down the shy-tunnel I've gone. It was incredibly amazing and frightening at the same time.

So many people just say what's on their mind, but I find it so difficult to express anything that might not be the norm.

Slowly I'm getting better, and I have to make a conscious effort to speak my mind.

The life in a bubble is safe, and easy, with little risk but little reward.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting

Revital said...

So beautifully put. Thank you.

Liv said...

This is SO true. I've realized how much I've lost over the years when I used to be extremely shy. I was not able to speak my mind freely and instead, I'd be living in that bubble that you speak of. I know this sounds very very geeky but, THANK GOODNESS for my job! It has allowed me to be who I am today. Different people have different ways of breaking that barrier... As they say, time heals everything.