Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mime Festival May 30th

So, not too long after the Danoje Festival was the Mime festival. It was in another town inland called Chuncheon. It's much bigger and it really made me feel like a country bumpkin. I mean, they've got more than just one main road. It's BIG!

Anyways, it was super fun. We went there for the whole day, in the evening we watched an amazing performance by an Australian group (I've got the video and I'll post it on here), and then at night we danced until we couldn't anymore.

It was an amazing weekend.

We are here, ready to see mimes miming :).

It was a really nice and sunny day. Kids were running through this fountain. I love my camera :).

Pretty pretty flowers.

This was a strange performance. I have no idea what was happening.

And then all of a sudden, there was a whale. I don't know why. I don't know what a whale had to do with a mime festival. Was it because a whale doesn't talk, and neither does a mime? I don't know.

I'm good at taking pictures of myself. Did I already mention I love my camera?

These are the 3 ladies I went to the mime festival with. From left to right: Lray, Chris, Jessica.

I couldn't get good lighting with the faces, so I decided to do a classic Dana foot shot x 4 :).

The hill was decorated with many many red umbrellas. It was very pretty.

I'm not sure if these little guys were a mascot for this festival. They were funny and weird looking.

Here's another one.

These are my sandals.

Jessica was performing on her own private stage.

This guy was really cute, so I asked him if I could take a picture with him. Naturally, he didn't speak English, and I didn't speak Korean, so it was more gesturing than talking. I did say cute a couple of times. I think he understood that :).

This was the cutest, I repeat THIS WAS THE CUTEST dog EVER!!!! He was a mix between something really tiny, and a German Shepherd. And he looked like a little rat. BUT SOOOO CUTE.

Self portrait.

Some strange mime people doing a strange bird dance.

This was ABSOLUTELY amazing!! It was the Australian group. They were high up on these bendy things.

They were moving around.

There was a whole story there.

And the music was really fitting too.

You can't have a gathering of foreigners without someone bring some drums.

Some of the pathways were lit up with candles. It was all very romantic.

We got bright glowing horns. We also got fries. YUMMY!!

We had blue horns.

These are some of the women I know in this area. From left to right: Deanna, Chris, Jessica, me, Lray, Lindsay.

You can see how many people had devil horns. It was very cool.

And here started the music. There was a raver.

There were people screaming.

There were people dancing and showing off their tattoos.

Someone even brought their instrument.

Awwww, that's it?? I thought there would be more pictures.

Alright, so that's it for now :).

Stay tuned, more pictures are coming of my garden. It's growing and growing. Today was the first time I picked some lettuce out of my crazy lettuce patch. It was mighty delicious.

No comments: