Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I'm here

So, now that it's warm outside, there are a million of things to do. You can go hiking, camping, visit people in different cities, go rafting, go on various trips with various activity groups, go out to the local clubs, oh there are so many things you can do.

And then I look in my wallet. I've got 250 bucks for the entire month, and still 28 days until I get paid again. After sending a big chunk of money home, and after paying my bills here, I don't have much left for entertainment.

I feel guilty sometimes for being so antisocial but then I look at what I'll have accomplished by the end of the year. I'll have paid almost all of my debt and be free of an enormous burden.

I don't understand how other people do it. How do they manage to spend more than 100 bucks per night when going out, shopping, eating at restaurants, going here and there and still managing to pay off their debt?

I know I can't do both. I've already been here more than 2 years and first part of that time I've spent a lot of time doing these kind of activities. Traveling, meeting people, shopping, dining out and generally having a really good time. I've managed to pay very little towards my loans during that time.

Now, I've realized what I have to do and well, I'm sticking to my guns. It's too easy to get swept up in all the fun and games.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sunt de acord, dar esti pe drumul bun, crede-ma! Si eu am fost in aceasi situatie ca si tine dar m-am trezit. Asa faci ceea ce simti tu ca trebuie sa faci, netinand cont de ceea ce fac ceilalti - ca aia nu conteaza! Te pup, fi tare, Monica.