Thursday, August 15, 2013

I've arrived

Finally, after a very long journey, I'm back.

It feels so normal, like nothing has changed.

Nothing has changed, everything is as it should be.

I am back in my parents house and I don't feel that dread I thought I'd feel when I was younger. That feeling and idea of never moving back in with my parents is gone.

I know this is temporary, and even if it were for a longer period of time, I'm not too worried about it.

Abby is such a sweetheart. She hid when my mom brought her home, but I managed to coax her out of hiding, and is now snuggled up to me on the bed. She's so much happier and relaxed now that I'm here too.

I hope tomorrow's other animal introduction will go well.

But I do miss something.
I miss the country sounds of...
The birds,
The dogs,
The frogs,
The cicadas.

No comments: