Monday, December 8, 2014

Breakups Suck!

We weren't together for a long time... officially two and a half months, but we were talking for maybe a month or so before that.

But we were both interested in a long term relationship.

It turned out that I was more ready for a relationship that he was... and so work took over his life and pushed me to the sidelines. I had no options but to break up.

This was really difficult since I was looking at it as a long term investment, but I can't imagine breaking up with someone after a few years of being together and trying to make it work and investing so much time and energy and so many emotions into it. That's gotta be painful and confusing and demoralizing.

At first I thought I had done something wrong, and obviously I was obsessing about figuring out what happened. And then I realized, I hadn't done anything wrong. I was myself, and it was him who chose not to give this relationship the time it needed.

But it still hurts.
I feel hurt and more alone than before.

Confidence is down...
Self worth is down...
Motivation is down...

And my body is feeling it too...

Immune system is down...
Energy is down...
Feeling of attractiveness is down...

I know this is not going to last forever, and it's going to pass soon... it just sucks at the moment.


No comments: