Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Food Nutrition Checking

So, I've joined this website called FitDay, you can check it out at www.fitday.com.

It's a website where you can enter your daily food items, and keep track of the amount of carbs, fats, protein, and calories consumed in a day. It's fantastic!!

I realized that I'm not getting enough carbs. I should be consuming between 50g to 80g of carbs from vegetables a day, to keep my fat burning a constant. I've been getting under 50g, every day, which puts my body into ketosis which is good only for a couple of days. Hm...

I've also found another website, also a nutrition tracking site. This one is called MyFitnessPal at www.myfitnesspal.com.

This one has a lot of foods already added in their database, including Korean dishes and it has their nutritional values already recorded. There are many soups and other Korean dishes that I just wouldn't know how to break down.

So, everyday in the morning, I weigh myself with my new fancy and awesome super scale which measures not only your kg, but also fat, muscles, water, bones, BMI and the calories needed to maintain my current figure.
It tells me I'm currently overweight and fat. Hahaha. Like I didn't know.

I got my kettlebell in the mail a few days ago and I started working out with it at home. It's heavy. 20kg. I couldn't even lift it, but now I'm doing the kettlebell swing exercise. Last week I was just lifting it, but I want to the full body workout, so I'm swinging it now :).

I go to Badminton as well. Not every evening because I'm busy, but at least twice a week I go. It's fun, and something active to do.

Today I'm going to check out the Taekwando class in town. My neighbour goes there and says it's a really good workout. I need some stretching and sweating and I'm not really getting that from badminton or the kettlebell.

I'm trying. I'm really trying to get myself healthy!!

No comments: