Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm on the ball

This year has been really amazing so far.

I've learned many things, made big decisions, been good to myself.

In the last little while, I've taken my health really seriously. I'm getting close to 30, and I want to be healthy and in shape before I get there. So, I went on a diet. I lost a few kgs, but I didn't like the diet itself. I think a healthy diet should be a balance of vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains and meats. So, I'm going to complete this diet, and then just continue to eat healthy.

Since last week, me and the guys in my area have been doing a dinner rotation thing.

Twice a week, someone cooks and we all go to that persons house and enjoy some fantastic home cooked food. It's fabulous. First day was mine, second was Michael. This week we went to the next town over where Logan cooked on Monday and Simon cooked on Tuesday.

Last year, or the year before, there were mostly girls or couples in my district. Now, I'm the only girl, and the rest are guys. It's pretty interesting when we have a gathering.

So, during the day, I bring this big plastic container with veggies: cucumber, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and tomatoes, and I just nibble all day until I go home. Then I eat a proper dinner.

Also, I've quit smoking. Finally!! Never again shall I pay and pretend to enjoy killing myself in a very slow and horrible way!

This is my 3rd week and I feel great. I haven't wanted to smoke at all. Last weekend I went to a big gather of foreigners at a cabin in the woods. I was surprised that a majority was smoking. It was a good test though, and my mind has been changed. I no longer think smoking is nice, and no longer want to smoke!
The book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr has helped me tremendously. You can click on the link and read the pdf online. It really does work. It changes the way you look at cigarettes, and after that, you just can't go back!

So, now I'm eating better, quit smoking, but I'm still lacking the exercise factor which is crucial. So, from last Friday, I started going swimming. I also went yesterday and will continue to go every day or 1 hour. It really is fantastic. I feel so good!!

Another great thing to add to the list... one of my ex-co-teachers who lives in the area and has a large piece of land told me that she would let me use about 30 square meters of her land (which is about the size of my apartment), to plant or do whatever I want with. WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!! COMPOSTING here I come!!!
I'm also gonna try some Companion Planting!! That's gonna happen this weekend!!!

Also, one of the teachers from the teachers class I teach, asked me if I want to join her in taking Horse Riding Lessons. I said: ABSOLUTELY!! I did one lesson last year, but alone it's not so much fun. And also, we talked about hiking around my area during the weekend. So, YES!!! I'm getting way more active now!!

It's taken a while to wake up and try to balance my life.

I want to live my life now, and now just live for the future!

No comments: