Monday, July 8, 2013

Role models

I've been watching interviews with actors.

I find that industry incredibly fascinating since I've grown up with movies and have had huge misconceptions about it all until recently.

What blows my mind is the amount of drive and determination required. The amount of hard work and long hours those people have to put into their work. Not only during the actual filming, but also in preparation for a movie, the training, the rigorous exercise or dieting or learning they have to do for certain jobs.

And then, they have to work with such a variety of people. Their boss, the director, instructing them on what to do, in a good way or not, and they have to perform.

They are lucky though. They have such great role models in that industry. Great, talented and accomplished people they can learn from and strive to emulate.

I think many young people nowadays, including me, are lacking role models. Not to necessarily show you how it's done, but to see greatness. To see the possibilities. To also see the reality of things. To see the struggle that is required to achieve things. To see great personal values and learn of personal strengths required to make things happen.

My search continues...

No comments: