Monday, May 16, 2011

Isolation

After spending so much time alone, and having conversations only in my head, it was pretty difficult to have real conversations with new people.

There were lots of things I was thinking about, lots of things I wanted to share, but when I wanted to verbalize my thoughts... it just didn't work. I couldn't get my ideas across.

I didn't make sens. It sounded like I was mumbling...

Terrible.

I've forgotten how to have a conversation and interact with new people.

So, I've signed myself up for a trip for every weekend from now until the end of June.

I'm going to force myself to talk to new people and get out of my head and out into the world :).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not such a bad thing to be in your head...sometimes it's good for the soul :)

Dana J said...

Yes, but an extended period of time without social and external stimulation can leave social skills VERY rusty. Having a conversation in your mind is very different than having a conversation with real people.