Monday, December 14, 2009

Baking madness

So I bought an oven!!
I found a good deal and I finally did it.
And the baking hasn’t stopped.
This is my awesome oven. Small, but big enough to roast a chicken, bake to breads and cook lots of eggplants. Not all at the same time obviously, but you understand. I got it from this site called Gmarket. It’s the way to go. Internet shopping is great in this country because it’s cheap and super convenient. They ship it right to your door for only $2.5 within 2 or 3 days.

This is the first bread I made.

This one was banana, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. It was delicious. I took it to school and used it as reward for my students if they did well.

This was bread with garlic. It was ok. It probably would have tasted better if I put whole garlic instead of minced garlic inside.

And this was the Italian spice bread. WHOA!!! It smelled so good.

And with the salmon that I had from the salmon festival I tried to make a fluffy pastry thing. It didn’t quite work out. It turned out more like pie crust, but it was cool to make nevertheless :)

Thingy with salmon inside. Again, not as fluffy as I hoped. But as they say, practice makes perfect.

I want to make croissants or something similar. I guess I have to find a better recipe next time.
Still looking. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Eddie Yee Tak Ma said...

Your photos have made me hungry... I actually really want to try the fish pastry now...