Monday, October 7, 2013

The day after

Today I walked 21km.

After I finished 15km, it seemed like nothing, and 6 more km was not going to be a big deal either. It wasn't. Once I got going, it was slow, and painful, but it was completely manageable.

I got at the Albergue at 5pm, with so much free day time I didn't know what to do with myself.

Luckily, the Korean ladies and the German couple were preparing to go out for dinner, so I joined them right away. I didn't even stop to rest my legs.

We had the pilgrim menu, and we also had 4 bottles of wine between the 5 of us, after which we went to mass at the nearby cathedral. It was beautiful but I was a bit too wined up for it. I didn't get a samp, so I'll go again in the morning to get a stamp for it.

I don't have a lot of space on my pilgrim passport, unlike people who started at St. Jean, so I've decided to get stamps from the Albergues and the chuched/cathedrals I visit.

I'm in the laundromat waiting for my laundry to be finished. I hope it will be done before 22:00 when the Albergue closes.

No comments: