Sunday, March 25, 2007

Concrete Jungle

Well, I walked around a bit today after going with my boss and his wife to church this morning. It was a Presbyterian church, but it oddly reminded me a bit of an evangelical church. Too modern, too loud, and very little message. I was a bit disappointed and did not feel the kind of churchy feeling when you go into a catholic big church or an orthodox church. There were lots of people, Koreans and foreigners though who were very much into it.


This is a picture of me and the bosses wife Ester outside of the church in front of this huge mural.

Then I went and walked around the area a bit and took some pictures. It is quite a popular area with the foreigners. Don't really know why, I guess because it's more modern than other areas.

This is a street market. Full of strange and wonderful things. I will buy something interesting to eat next time I'm there. 

Then I went back to my place. Here is a picture of the road across my building and the "mountain"/hill to the left.

These are a few pictures from my neighbourhood. Stairs leading up to this restaurant that looks like a Buddhist temple.

Can you see the double barber shop spirally things? Is that a super barber shop you may ask yourself? Well, I read something about that yesterday and it's actually a "special" barber shop, the same way they have "special" massage parlors. You sit down in a chair and they do crazy things to you. I live right above one of those and never even realized until today. It's not an oddity or anything... those places are everywhere




















2 comments:

Liv said...

Dani... my goodness, the city is so pretty!!! And CLEAN! lol... I'm impressed!! :D

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.